PALACE ON WHEELS
“Readers Travel Award” For Palace On Wheels by Conde Nast Traveller.
Palace On Wheels rated No. 4 Luxury Train in the World
Roll back the pages of time for one glorious week, recapture the pomp and pageantry of a royal past in royal style. One can see Rajasthan in all its splendour and the Taj Mahal at Agra. A celebration of everything that is beautiful. A journey into the past on a luxury train.
Traveling in the famed Palace on Wheels is one of the most memorable ways to explore India’s stately splendour. Unquestionably it’s an unparalleled experience to ride the replica carriages refurbished to look like the original saloons of the Maharajas, the erstwhile rulers of India. The Palace on Wheels is one of India’s most fascinating sojourns covering the pink state capital, Jaipur, the golden citadel, Jaisalmer, the blue city of Jodhpur, the National Park Ramthambhor; the symbol of chivalry, Chittaurgarh, romantic city of Lakes Udaipur, the bird sanctuary Bharatpur and the mughal capital, Agra before returning to Delhi.
It stands on its tracks; a gleaming sealed carriage, every bit is royal. The air-conditioning works silently, creating a space where only the excitement of the history of the Rajput kingdoms permeates through, clearly captured in a contemporary mode. In all, there are fourteen saloons, each equipped with two twin-bedded and two double-bedded chambers, with attached baths that have running hot and cold water and showers. The modern conveniences have been thoughtfully provided, sofas to sink into, strategically placed lights to read by, wonderfully appointed beds with comfortable furnishings, inbuilt wardrobes for the storage of one’s clothes and bags, and huge plate glass windows to watch the countryside roll past.
Outside the bedrooms, each coach also has a seating lounge where passengers can get together, just sit watch the cities as they glide past outside the windows, or enjoy a quiet cup of tea. An attached pantry with each saloon helps provide beverages and refreshments to the accompaniment of soothing piped music.
There is the comfortable bar cum lounge where tourist can relax over favourite drink, burrow in a book or converse with fellow passengers. Attached to it are two restaurant cars, Maharaja and Maharani respectively, with opulently draped curtains, exquisitely crafted lights and table settings . Here accompanying chefs serve up a delicious choice of Indian, including Rajasthani, Continental and even Chinese cuisine that are a feast for the palate.
The train chugs out of Safdarjung Railway Station New Delhi on a week-long run through Rajasthan every Wednesday night, with a trip also inbuilt to Agra and the Taj Mahal. Turban-wearing attendants take over from the moment guest arrive at the platform, assigning coupes and detailing all the facilities that are on board. The train moves by night and arrives each morning at a new destination where new experiences await
Palace on Wheels - Season 2022-23
- 10% extra surcharge during Christmas and New Year departures.
- 5% GST will be extra as applicable.
- 50% of the prevailing tariff will be charged for the children between 05-12 years of age
- 10% of the prevailing tariff will be charged for the children below 05 years.
- 5% TDS on commission will be charged
- The tariff structure for the guests having Indian Identity proof (Passport/Voter ID/Aadhaar) will be applicable.
- The tariff is inclusive of cost of travel, accommodation, all meals, sightseeing tours, entrance fee (excluding video camera fee) for monuments & palaces and entertainment.
- Tariff does not include liquor, laundry and other items of personal nature.
The above Tariff & Booking terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
GST is subject to change as per the government of India directives.
Reservation / Cancellation - Terms & Conditions
- 20% of ticket value at the time of confirming the booking.
- Remaining 80% of ticket value 45 days prior to departure date.
The amount in INR should be credited in our account as per the rate of exchange (ROE) as on 01 day before the date of transfer of the amount on the website www.rbi.org.in
- 10% of ticket value 90 days or more prior to departure date.
- 20% of ticket value between 89 to 30 days prior to departure date.
- 100% of ticket value 29 days prior to departure date.
For USD bookings: The payable amount in INR should be credited in our account as per the rate of exchange (ROE) of the prevailing day of the transaction (www.rbi.org.in) by the agent.
No show/ En route termination of tour/amendment:
- No Show – In case of No Show / Non-arrival of the guest, no refund or adjustment in future travel will be possible. The whole amount shall be treated as forfeited.
- En route termination of tour – In case of termination of tour by the guest, for any reasons, no refund or adjustment for future travel will be possible. The amount for unused portion of the tour shall be treated as forfeited.
- Amendment – Is only possible under the circumstances like Natural Disaster / Natural Calamity or Serious Health Problem’s (this needs to be supported by doctor’s certificate) and is subject to availability. No refunds are possible and every case will be decided on merits on a case to case basis. No amendment will be permissible in case of booking of groups or complete train.
Experience Luxury Travel in India
Palace On Wheels
|September*, 2022||07, 14, 21, 28|
|October, 2022||05, 12, 19, 26|
|November, 2022||02, 09, 16, 23, 30|
|December, 2022||07, 14, 21, 28|
|January, 2023||04, 11, 18, 25|
|February, 2023||01, 08, 15, 22|
|March, 2023||01, 08, 15, 22, 29|
|April*, 2023||05, 12, 19, 26|